From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Zachary Kline
Sent: 27 December 2009 20:35
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] strategy games: any interest?

Hi All,
This is a topic I've mentioned on list before, but I've never gotten a to my
mind definitive answer concerning it.
I'm curious as to how much interest there might be in strategy games? By
"strategy" I don't just mean board games like Chess, but computer games
along the lines of Civilization, Master of Orion, or even Warcraft.
SoundRTS is a good though limited example of the form. I for one have always
been interested in playing these sorts of games. Sighted help is useful when
I can find it, but I'd give anything for a game I can play on my own time.
The closest I've come is one rather silly session of Civilization in which I
somehow managed to build a city so inaccessible or uninteresting that I
survived, untouched, for three thousand years or so.  The French were the
most backward, unhappy, poorest nation imaginable with neolithic bronze-age
weaponry when everybody else had moved to airplanes.  We still made it to
1950! Anyway... I wonder.  Especially for turn-based strategy games I'd say
the most challenging element to code would probably be a reasonable AI which
didn't cheat, as many such things do.  Audio work isn't nearly as intensive
as 3d FPS, is it?  I'm just putting this out there to see how many would be
interested in such a beast if it came out. Thanks much, Zack.

subscription via the web, at
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. No virus found in this
09:18:00