Hi Chastity,
I don't know if you are a member of Book Share or not, but they do have some very good books on Visual Basic .NET in daisy format for a new programmer. Two that come to mind are Learning Visual Basic .NET and Visual Basic .NET in a Nutshell. Both are published by O'Reilly and Associates. As far as using DirectX in a Visual Basic .NET application you need a third-party development kit such as SlimDX which provides a managed interface to DirectX. To get the SlimDX SDK go to
http://www.slimdx.org
and download/install it.
One thing I'd like to mention before I go is there are two different languages called Visual Basic. There is Visual Basic 6 and earlier which is very old, no longer being supported by Microsoft, etc that is still being used by Jim Kitchen and others. There is the newer visual Basic language Visual Basic .NET which is more object oriented, uses the .NET Framework, and has many features/upgrades that previously were not available in Visual Basic 6 and earlier. Plus the Visual Basic 6 compilers are not free, and are hard to find where Visual Basic .NET Express is free and easy to find.

HTH

Chastity MORSE wrote:
Hi, and yes, I'm still working on the C++ code. However, does anyone know of a good and explanatory tutorial for Visual Basic since I had a couple of suggestions for converting Apple II games using that code base? Someone also mentioned a direct X library and the sappy object library. Does anyone know where I can get those from?
Thanks again:
Chastity