I try thinking of a Sudoku grid in 3-by-3 segments.  That makes it easier.
---
In God we trust!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Strunk" <ryan.str...@gmail.com>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Sudoku for newbies, possibly dummies

I understand the difficulty with spatial concepts, but I wonder if the
problem with Sudoku stems from how you're going about analyzing the puzzle.
If it helps to think of it as a game of memorization, you might have success
thinking of numbers in terms of column one contains the following. You might
also try breaking the game down into regions rather than trying to
conceptualize all 81 spaces at once. By utilizing the navigation features
that sudo-san provides, you can check your row, column, and region to
determine if that number is already in place.

Granted it's not an easy thing to do, but I think Sudoku in general is
difficult to master for anyone.