Hi Dark,
True, but on Windows Vista and later you need to run the setup file with
admin rights or it will give you an installation error. I suspect if
Shirley is using Vista or Windows 7 it is this error she is getting, and
in that case it is a simple matter of running the install as
administrator instead of standard user.
One thing Microsoft did when they released Vista is they adopted a more
Unix-like security system and added the user account control polacy
manager. This is all well and good, but most people coming from XP have
no experience with user right and file permissions.  We Linux users have
been use to this sort of thing for years so user account control is no
big deal, and some of us say "it's about time." However, for Windows
users not use to it they think of it as a serious pain in the tail.

Cheers!