Yeah, they changed the go play from a link to a button. So, I don't know if this will work the same. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Hartley" <jeremyhart...@comcast.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] help with dragonrealms

Hi there.

Well, I was just about to send a message with instructions on how to use
simutronics games with vipmud, since I posted about this a few months ago.

Unfortunately, I seem to no longer have a play.net account, which is where
dragonrealms and gemstone IV are located! grin

But anyway, here is a copy of a message I sent to the list regarding logging
into gemstone IV with vipmud.  I know the question is regarding
dragonrealms, but I am sure that other than the difference in host names,
the instructions would be the same.

The below message talks about logging into the website as if you were going to login with the Wizard client. What you will want to do though is download the .sal file that comes up when you click on the go play link. The only way I was able to download this .sal file without Internet explorer trying to launch the wizard front end, was to use fire fox. That is why in the below message, I refer to firefox. You could probably stop the wizard frontend from launching if you disable active X for the dragonrealms.net site.

Use the below at your own risk. Beings that it is the Christmas Holiday, I will be away from my computer for most of the next few days.

I would suggest that you do a search in the play.net forums regarding logging in with a telnet client, that was where I originally got the instructions.

Basicly, what you will need to do is get the userKey from the .sal file of your character. This is how simutronics keeps people from logging in for free.

When you use vipmud to connect to whatever the host and port are, you will not see anything when you connect. This is normal. You will need to paste in the user key into vipmud's window and press enter. Again, you will see or hear nothing. You then want to type FE/JAVA all in caps as shown and press enter. You should then be good to go.

Again, this is for gemstone IV but it will work with whatever dragonrealms uses as their host.

Rest assured, Simutronics muds including dragon realms can be played with vipmud, at least, they could be played a few months ago. grin

Jeremy
Begin message.

Ok, I managed to just get into gemstone iv with VipMud.  What I had to do
was use firefox to log into my account. When I clicked the go play button,
a page came up saying that if my browser didn't launch using active x to
click here.  When I did, firefox brought a file save dialog with my
character's .sal file, ie, grogrond.sal.  I then saved it to disc, and
opened it in notepad, and copied the key to the clipboard, and used the host
of prime.gs4.game.play.net and the port of 4900 entered into the host and
port sections in vipMud. Then, I pasted the key from the clipboard and hit
enter.  I then typed FE/JAVA and hit enter.  And I am now in!

----- Original Message ----- From: "William L. Houts" <cad...@q.com>