More often I've noticed that even when I use it on a single character the damage inflicted by, say, the Drake or the Gobblin King is too much for the Regeneration spell. And this has happened every time I've had a Druid in my party, which I've done several times.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] entombed

Sorry to disagree, but mending song has saved my bacon several times, sinse it effectively decreases the damage everyone takes from the drake, by having them regain some hp each turn. If i have a bard in the party and am facing a boss, it's generally the first thing I use, folowed by courage song, then i have the bard on potion and scroll duty, ---- assuming their other job doesn't have any useful skills of course.

Regeneration is a more focused version, sinse it regenerates a single targit for more, and thus is good protection for your casters.

I agree totally about putting lightning away once you'vew killed off one of the enemies, but usually that's the point my druid uses summon animal, regeneration or other spells, ---- assuming I don't just make them into a mage and start off with the firebalts instead.

Beware the grue!