If you want to really use them, the disk is on the jaws cd. They are about 2
cd's in the case. It's the second cd which is located to the right side.
When you install that, it would work with everything!

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 12 May 2010 19:33
To: Lori Duncan; Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Scansoft voices

Hi Lori,
Like I just wrote in my last message I really don't know of any place where
the generic Sapi versions of the Scansoft voices can be located
these days.   A friend of mine wanted a copy like I own, that came
with Jaws 8 and Openbook 8, that works with games, screen readers, and
everything else, and unfortunately they can't be found anywhere.  I've
checked the Nuance web site and there is no listing for the voices as their
once was a couple years back, and if you get them with one of their Scansoft
products like Omnipage apparently the voices only work with Omnipage and
nothing else.  If you get them with Jaws or Openbook from Freedom Scientific
they only work with Freedom Scientific products. If you buy them from Nextup
they only work with products like Text Aloud, News Aloud, and Weather Aloud.
If you buy a GPS with them on them they only work on that GPS device of
course. In short, there seams to be a universal change in the way Nuance
does business and  how exactly they license their Real Speak voices.  There
doesn't seam to be a way to license and use them as a standard generic Sapi
voice any more.  At least not publically anyway.