Sounds interesting. For the ladies magic, Hmmm, how about earth? --- this might also allow you to actually improve on golden axe by having different magic affects rather than just different degrees of damage.

For instance, earth magic could give you a rock shield which provides temporary invulnerability allowing you to smack enemies, ---- while fire magic could give you a flaming weapon which does more damage. Wind magic might be used for healing or speed, and thunder for a stun effect to stop enemies moving.

All these would be stil within the scope of an action game, ---- but provide a litle more stratogy depending upon which character you were using.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 6:40 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Classic Games was Healing Potions

Hi Dark,
Yeah, I didn't get to play DK 64 much either. I only remember really
playing it once, and then it was more or less a trial run at that.
However, as you say it was sort of a best of Donkey Kong all in one
game.
As for the Amizons I take your point, but still I felt that calling
them Amazons just didn't fit with the Golden Ax story too much even
though they probibly meant Amazon in the generic sense. As you pointed
out Tyris seams more like a Valkyrie seeing as she had a sword as well
as fire magic.
In my encarnation of the game currently my female warrior character,
Adreana, uses a staff and I'm still working on her special magic
attack.I'd hate to use fire as that is too close to the original. I am
thinking of some kind of elemental magic like wind or perhaps ice
blast.
I'm working on a munk type character, Gabriel,  who caries ashort
sword and has the fire magic as his special attack. Still working on
him as well.