Hello Alfredo,
RPG is short for roll playing game.  It is a style of game heavily
steeped in stat based play where you generally roll dice to determine
attack damage, weather something was successful or not, etc. Above all
you create a character picking things such as race, class, etc and
play that character in a large game world or dungeon whatever the case
might be.
The term roll playing game actually has a broad meaning because we
could be talking about the old paper and pen games like Dungeons and
Dragons or we might be talking about an electronic  roll playing game
like Angband, Final Fantacy,  Entombed, whatever. It has a broad
meaning as I said.
A mud, multiuser dungeon, is more limited.  Muds by nature are always
played on line, and is generally set up for multiuser play, and
requires a special client called a mud client or you can use a generic
telnet client if you wish.