From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 1:47 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] looking for a good rpg.

Rpg stands for role playing game, and can refer generallly to any game (on
computer or off it), in which you play a role in an interactive story or
experience with use of statistics.

Rpgs have quite some history, but generally they started becoming popular in

the 1970's, --- though those were tabletop games like dungeons and dragons,
rather than played on a computer.

Mud, on the other hand stands for multiple user dungeon (or dimention
depending upon whome you ask), and refers to text adventure games played
specifically on a computer in which several users in put commands and
control characters on a sentralized server, rather than one player running
through a text adventure program on a computer.

it thus has a far narrower meaning than rpg, ---- indeed there are far more
rpgs than muds.

Beware the gRue!