Hi john,
Thanks for the clarification. Now, that makes sense.  It also sucks
that Jaws has problems with Java appps on 64-byt Windows versions.
As you pointed out Java is heavily used in the business world, and a
lot of report generators, database frontends, etc are constructed in
Java.  It would be a major accessibility setback if Jaws were not able
to access these apps on 64-byt Windows versions which eventually will
be the standard in the next few years. Though, I am happy to know the
open source community, the creators of NVDA, have got their act
together.

Smile.