I must confess, while I have had the odd issue with sapi, mostly installing the delusalex file sorts things out. In fact the only major problem I've had was the one requiring the dll fix you provided Tom.

Generally I'm extremely pleased with sapi, and indeed rely on it for several games including all of the gma titles, vip mud, jims games etc, ---- pluss with realspeak daniel as my default sapi voice I have a pretty good voice for the games too.

Beware the Grue!

To: "Thomas Ward" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] SAPI and VB Script

Hi Thomas,

I tend to disagree with you.  You know when you said
SAPI tends to break quite a lot in my experience. I have not found that to be the case. I mean I have been producing games that rely on the sapi5 voices for 7 years now and have only had a few people need to even use the DelUserLex file to fix their speech. I have had a whole bunch more people have the problem with Vistas and Windows sevens UAC not liking WinZip self extracting zip files. But for the most part allot of people play my sapi5 games with no problems.

BFN