Hi John,
Well, I'm glad I was able to help. The JNA is a fairly recent Java
development that allows you to quickly wrap static Windows libraries,
and use them in a Java application.  Obviously, the advantages are
huge here as it allows you to extend your application beyond the Java
JRE and use native Windows libraries directly. On one hand you lose
the portibility of Java, but on the other hand it allows you to take
advantage of operating specific stuff without having to resort to
writing a JNI wrapper. It is one of those things you can hardly do
without if writing an application that requires the use of native
libraries.

HTH