Hi Charles,
Well, in that case the only answer I can give you and the others is go
Linux. Then, you don't have to end up paying for upgrades etc. If you
don't like that solution to the problem then there is really nothing
anyone can do for you guys.
There is really no point incontinuing this conversation on list as you
know and I know Microsoft isn't going to change their polacy and make
it more affordable for a person on a low income. Microsoft is in the
business to make as much money as they can, and those of us on SSI and
SSDI are pretty much forced to pay the price to upgrade or look for
cheaper alternatives like Linux. I don't think there is much more you
or I could say on this matter that would add anything cunstructive to
the conversation.

Smile.