To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 9:06 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] DarkBasic Game programming Language

Hello everyone.
I have seen alot of discussion on this list about the best language to program a game for the blind in.
Some say C++ and others say Visual Basic 6 or VB.Net.
I am taking a different path.
this weekend while yard saling with a friend I ran across a table of software somone was getting rid of as their son was in the service and asked them to get rid of his old stuff. One of the items I bought for $5 was Dark Basic Pro..I think it is version 6.1? This is the software that lets a novice make a game and compile it down to an .EXE file they can share with friends. I have installed this software with my Jaws 9 system and so far it seem to be accessible? I am currently downloading all sample code and tips I can find to help me to start programming in this language.
I have no books with the disk so I am going to be trying this slowly.
What I have seen of the language so far seems pretty easy to understand even without any books. If anyone can point me to a place to buy a book for this I would appreciate it?
Could there be a book on the disks I have not found so far?
Has anyone else bought this and played with it?
Are there any lists I can subscribe to for help on this programming language?
thanks for any help you can offer.
When I get my first program started I will find a place to upload it for others to check out.
Robert