Hi Ron,
Lol! No, you can't actually move the starbases in STFC. What Petr and
I are talking about is in STFC 1.2 the Starbases are randomly placed
on the starmap the same as the starships. However, one problem I found
by doing this as that sometimes starbases are randomly placed too
close to the boarders of their home space and are close enough to
shoot at each other. This obviously runs into some interesting matches
were the starbases are shooting across the neutral zone at each other.
Unfortunately, this is no contest because there are no restrictions
how many torpedos a Starbase can fire in one tern, and you can blow
the enemy starbase away in a single turn.
Cheers!