Hi Lori et al,
Thanks Lori, we'll definitely consider adding extra targeting feedback.
For all of you trying out the Extant tech demo, we're very interested in
details such as if you:
- are playing the PC or the Mac version?
- are using headphones, stereo desktop speakers, 5.1, 7.1, etc.?
- just use keyboard input or also use a mouse?
- reconfigured the original control scheme yet (you can if you want to)?
- can't get anything to work?
This can help us establish with for instance why footsteps may appear too
loud for one player but soft for someone else. I can tell you, using
headphones or speakers makes quite a difference.
Also, we interested of what you think of the design of the gamespace. What
do you think of:
- how the world, the environment sounds?
- the different acoustics based on your current location (which is all
realtime dynamic reverberation by the way ;)
- how buildings work (finding them, entering and leaving them, etc.)?
- how pickups work?
- how fighting work (thanks again for those who already expressed their
feedback on this issue)?
- how orientation and navigation works, incl. Moby?
And did anyone already notice something peculiar about the gameworld? ;)
Thanks for your feedback, keep 'em coming. Please post either to this list
or join us on the Extant-forum:
And for those interested in the download links - here they are again:
Extant - Download for PC
Extant - Download for MAC
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lori Duncan" <lori_dunca...@hotmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 11:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game feadback
Sorry, were your steps sounds loud? Mine werre really quiet for some
reason and when the monster thing attacked me I couldn't tell if i'd hit
him with my gun or not. I heard the sound of my heart beat but there
wasn't a health stats key to see how it was doing.
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.