I tend to agree. VIPMud might not be rich in functions for someone who wants to use complicated scripts and other libraries. But for the average mud-player, it certainly does more than enough. As for the scripting language, I'm pretty sure that you can do most of what you want to do with it... even though some foreign libraries and whatnot might not be supported. And lastly, I love the fact that you need no plugins for it, no scripts.. install it, choose your screenreader and it's smooth sailing from then on. I have no complaints about this client.

At 04:31 AM 08/11/2010, you wrote:
Fair enough.

I admit I've always found vip mud most streight forward, and the fact that it actually works with sapi helps sinse working with a mud is one of the few situations where you need text self-spoken and I don't have time to go wandering around with hal's virtual focus looking for stuff.

I've not particularly looked into using scripts anyway, so I'm happy enough with vip mud.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Oriol Gómez" <ogomez....@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Question about a mud client

I find vip mud to be overly confusing. Besides, if you are a script
developer etc, or you wish to use other script libraries, you will
never be able to. Vipmud uses it's own scripting language, while
mushclient has support for sql, sockets for network communication, and
so on.

VipMud isn't a bad client, but it lacks a lot of functionality and
it's not well known, so no one's going to develop things for it. There
are better clients which are free out there.