Might be a better discussion offlist... but I'm curious. What styles do you play, primarily? I never took lessons... self-taught myself, mainly. Journey and Bon Jovi are right up my alley... along with most other hard or classic rock groups. Jazz and blues... never got the hang of that. Could never learn enough on my own. lol.