Hi Tom,
Well, I think that is pretty cool, and I would like to make a similar sort of suggestion now you've brought it up. How about you have an option to have a user music folder and play random songs from that folder in the actual game? I remember one game doing that - I believe Technoshock, and I loved it.
Regards,
Damien.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 1:00 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] A New Way to Play Games

Hi,

Tonight I just discovered a new way to play games. One that, well,
rocks.  Kind of combinds two hobbies in one you might say.

Earlier this evening I was testing some new changes in Mysteries of
the Ancients beta 17 when I frankly got sick and tired of hearing the
same music being looped over and over. So I wwent into the program
settings turned off the background music, and then fired up Windows
Media Player with an mp3 playlist of various 80's and 90's rock hits.

So here I am running through the tomb blasting skeletons apart,
slottering centaurs, and making short work of the harpies while bands
like Metallica is cranking Creeping Death, AC-DC is playing Shoot to
Thrill, or the Cranberries are singing Zomby in the background. It
adds a totally new dimmention to the game play with alternative rock
music blaring in your headphones while you are kicking serious butt.
It is frickin' great. If you would like it I'd be happy to upload a
trailer or something of me playing with music in the background.

I don't know it seams to give me more energy. It is like the music
gets me really juiced up and in a mood to beat the crap out of
something or engage in some wild fighting. As Pat Bennatar would say,
"all fired up." I've got to try this approach in Shades of Doom or
similar action filled game. I think it rocks.