Okay. To charles and Tony, there aren't going to be games where you can just pick up and play without getting menus read to you. And as Tom already said, classic arcade shooters like that have pretty much vanished off the earth in modern day games. However, in terms of playable games, I would agree with tom obout the ps2, followed closely by the ps3. Fighting games are popular, as well as mlb, fight night, smackdown vs. raw, rock band, etc. But it all comes down to preference. If you want a good, slim controller in your hands then by all means go for the sony consoles. I love the ps3, and the games available for it are quite good in terms of playability. Most of them, anyway. The XBOX360 has a more blind-friendly way of managing online stuff, buying games from the marketplace, etc. But I personally prefer the ps3 because of the controller, and fighting games are a blast to play, though granted fighting games on the ps3 are more likely than not available on xbox360 as well. In the end, it boils down to what you want. If you go into a bit more detail, we could try and help you a bit more. But as Tom already said, if you're looking for scrolling shooters like top gun style things, then you're out of luck there.