To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 8:20 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Clasifying Games was Bavisoft

Hi Damien,

Well, I certainly don't think that. As developers we have to remember
that how people classify a game is largely subjective and is based
soully on a person's personal opinion.

For example, I just created a free and open source version of
Blackjack, and it doesn't get much simpler than that. Of course, there
is plenty of room to complain the game is text based, no sounds, no
music, no Sapi support, etc therefore it could be classified as second
or third rate.

However, my aim wasn't to create an extremely advanced Blackjack game,
and I have gotten at least one comment off list of someone who really
likes the game. He said he liked mine better than Jim Kitchen's
Blackjack game because there was no sound effects and he didn't have
to listen to Microsoft Sam when playing and could use Jaws to play it.
So it takes all kinds. Simple or not apparently people like my work
inspite of the lack of advanced features. I like the game, obviously,
and the main reason is that is cross-platform and can play it on Mac,
Linux, or Windows without modification. A huge plus in my book.

Bottom line, you do what you can and do the best that you can. If that
isn't good enough for someone that's just tough.  Remember the only
one who can make you happy is you. If you are happy with a product
that's all that really matters.