Cool program! Would a money identifier be difficult to code? that would be another neat one. thanks for this!

To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 4:49 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Color idenfitying program

My wife and I were talking and we came up with a fun little idea. For all of you severely Vi/blind guys who have a webcam, or a laptop with a webcam mounted on it, this is a small program for identifying colors. Lets say you are picking out clothes to wear. You hold the shirt in front of the laptop (or camera), press the Space bar, and a voice tells you what color it is as well as the next 2 most likely colors. I say "most likely" because webcam settings, room lighting, and even the types of light bulbs in the room can tint objects and offset the color a little. From my testing at home, it is pretty accurate. I was just wondering if something like this would be useful.

www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/ColorWatcher.zip

If anyone wants to give it a try, here it is. Press Space bar to check a color and press Escape to end the program. As a tip, hold the item close to the camera lens before you press the Space bar, and keep it there until the color is spoken. It works best this way.

The original thread can be found here:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?pid=42977#p42977