My wife and I were talking and we came up with a fun little idea. For all of
you severely Vi/blind guys who have a webcam, or a laptop with a webcam mounted
on it, this is a small program for identifying colors. Lets say you are picking
out clothes to wear. You hold the shirt in front of the laptop (or camera),
press the Space bar, and a voice tells you what color it is as well as the next
2 most likely colors. I say "most likely" because webcam settings, room
lighting, and even the types of light bulbs in the room can tint objects and
offset the color a little. From my testing at home, it is pretty accurate. I
was just wondering if something like this would be useful.

www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/ColorWatcher.zip

If anyone wants to give it a try, here it is. Press Space bar to check a color
and press Escape to end the program. As a tip, hold the item close to the
camera lens before you press the Space bar, and keep it there until the color
is spoken. It works best this way.

The original thread can be found here:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?pid=42977#p42977