A money identifier is a great idea!  :D  It would be difficult but I'm already
brainstorming and I'll gladly make it if I can.  I'm assuming you mean paper
money since coins are usually uniquely sized and ridged to help in
identification.  Well... some coins originally had ridges to prevent people
from scraping precious metals from them.