What about using the mouse for movement?  This would give you mouse buttons
as well as well as the mosue movement itself.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 11:57 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mysteries of the syth

Hi Josh,

Sorry, but no I can't do that. The shift keys are already mapped and
asigned to things like step left/right and run forward. Keep in mind
here we are talking full 3d environments so there are several more
commands in these types of games than something like Shades of Doom.
For Example, here is a basic list of MOTS 3d action commands and the
keys I've mapped them to for the time being.

Climb Down shift+control+down arrow
Climb UP shift+control+up arrow
Duck/Crouch d
Jump Backward control+down arrow
Jump Forward control+up arrow
Look Down page down
Look Up page up
Next 90 shift+control+right arrow
Previous 90 shift+control+left arrow
Run Forward shift+up arrow
Sidestep Left shift+left arrow
sidestep right shift+right arrow
Step Backward down arrow
Step Forward up arrow
Swim Down shift+control+down arrow
Swim Up shift+control+up arrow
Turn Around shift+down arrow
Turn Left left arrow
Turn Right right arrow

As you can see these are just the basic day to day mmovement commands.
There are sevral of them and I'm running out of modifier keys to
actually do all this stuff. Of course, ti would help if I could
disable the context menu and use the alt key in G3D which would free
it up for more movement keys/actions.

Cheers!