Wasn't a Vibro Axe similar to a Lightsaber?
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mysteries of the sith

As a fellow star wars purist, I have to agree that it doesn't fit. But for all the other star wars geeks out there, here's a hypothetical question. Would it be too far-fetched to have a weapon that is somewhere between the lightsaber and the lightwhip? The lightwhip has multiple strands and is a fusion of light leather and bescar. So by that theory, could one make say, something like that but only with one strand, more akin to some kind of flail, like a whipchain the Shaolin monks used? In short, a single long strand of material, but that had the same basic construction as a lightwhip, but a bit longer... say two or three metres, since that is from what I recall longer than your average saber?