From: lis...@gmail.com [mailto:lis...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mango Juice
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2010 11:13 AM
To: Mangojuice
Subject: Z+Angband version 0.3.3 beta released!

Merry Christmas!

  After a lull of almost two years, a new version of Z+Angband has
been released.  The new version fixes all three known crash-causing
bugs from version 0.3.2 and contains a few interesting features:

* Rebirth: Load up your dead (v.0.3.3) character's save file and
you'll have the option of skipping character generation: you just get
the same character you started with last time!
* Competition mode: Competing with others?  Instead of copy/pasting
the savefile, just load your dead character.  In competition mode,
you'll start over in exactly the same world... only the object flavors
will be re-rolled, so you can't simply remember what that Elm Staff
was...
* Blind accessibility: The game includes several features to make the
game accessible to the blind, which involves ways to learn where
certain types of tiles are relative to you other than directly
navigating the terminal display.  In particular, there is a new "list"
menu accessible under the '$' command, which allows you to print lists
of various sub-categories of map tiles (or wilderness tiles) with
relative location information.  There is a birth option for blind
accessibility which makes you confused whenever you would have been
hallucinating, and is overt about the direction you move when
confusion causes you to move randomly.  There is a display option
"show_coords", which lets you see the exact vector to things on the
screen rather than just distance.

  Plus numerous bug fixes.  Enjoy, and as always please email me any
comments, questions, or bug reports.

--MJ