hi.
Well I just completed the game on easy.
I must say the platform was a bit of a timing thing.
And the lamier.
I was able to hit it with my pistal then my shotgun.
But I got seriously malled.
By far the best thing to do it is charge with your sword if you are lucky enough to have one. I was able to charge and handle the lamier in one go without getting to much dammage.
Ok I probably got hit heaps but I was able to cause serious dammage.