Hi Travis,

Well, to be honest I think while it is a nice idea in concept I also
think it is way too limiting. The reason is that I've been exposed to
the current gen consoles like the XBox, Play Station, etc and if I
were going to support any game console it would be something like
that. This idea you are proposing sounds a lot like going back to the
Atari/Original NES days and that isn't something I'd really have any
interest inpersonally. I'm looking forward to more accessible
first-person games, withrealistic sounds, music, and basically any
games on par with the mainstream games of today. Not necessarily going
back and playing arcade games like Pacman, Asteroids, Space Invaders,
blagh.

I think the only way we might have a chance at a real console is to
retrofit one of the existing consoles, IE install our own operating
system on it, and then build games using that platforms APIs. For
example, take a PS2, remove the host operating system, install Linux
on it, and then use SDL, OPenAL, whatever to build high-performence
titles in C/C++. That's a more realistic approach in my opinion.

Cheers!