Hi everyone,

I know I told a lot of you that Mysteries of the Ancients beta 18
would be done about the end of February. A lot of you  have started
asking questions off list what is going on, why isn't the beta ready,
etc and I thought I'd make a quick public announcement explaining
where we stand on things. As so often happens with creating accessible
games  as a side venture in our free time real life problems and
issues simply get in the way. This case is no different.

Around a week ago my wife got really sick. We took her to the hospital
where they gave her some antibiotics, and strict orders to stay in bed
for seven to ten days until she felt well enough to get out of bed.
As a result I've had to take over all of the house hold duties such as
cooking, cleaning, and doing simple tasks like fetching my wife a
glass of water when she needs to take a pill etc. The end result of
all of this is absolutely no time to work on MOTA at all. So our beta
18 release schedule is pretty much shot to pieces.

So here is the thing. I could go ahead and release beta 18 now, as is,
but it isn't complete so to speak. Most of the upgrades are done,
level 1 has been updated, but we don't yet have level 2 added to the
demo. So it is really your choice if you want to wait a few days for
me to add level 2 to the game, when I have the time to do so, or if
you would rather just have the beta now without level 2. Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
President of USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com