From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: 29 March 2011 08:31 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] new psx game uploaded and v 1.0 of
emulatorstomorrow!

Hi Nicol.

An emulator is a program designed to pretend to be another piece of hardware

running on your pc.

If you wanted for instance, you could run a comador 64 computer emulator and

use it's word processer function.

However, obviously the thing people most want to do with emulators is
emulate games consoles or computer systems of the past and run games.

Thus, when running correctly, an emulator gets you precisely the same as
you'd get if you physically had a nes, snes, ps1 or whatever.

They thus don't specifically help with access, sinse unfortunately it's not
possible to read the graphically emulated text with your pc screen reader
(if it was that would be awsome, but sadly no).

So, emulators are basically just another way of playing mainstream games,
and one which, as Tom says is of dubious legality.

I personally haven't run that many emulators, simply because I prefer to
play games on original consoles and sinse I have a perfectly working Snes
gamecube and Mega drive there really is no need for me to.

beware the grue!