I would actually recommend asking friends if anyone has an extra mouse.  A lot
of people upgrade their equipment or buy another computer and end up with 1, or
more, extra mice and keyboards.  This can be a free way to pick up a mouse to
use.  With a mouse, the game will play just as well for you as it does for
anyone else using a mouse.  The size and quality of your netbook, laptop, or
desktop won't matter much anymore since the quality of track pads varies widely
but all mice are pretty much the same.