Thanks much.  Would you say things are more accessible on Linux?

Imbar
Ms Imbar Golt
im...@netvision.net.il
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] more sim game questionss.

Hi Imbar,

Unfortunately, no on all counts. The fact of the matter is such game
sims are difficult to create given the mount of math and physics
involved, and I don't think just anyone can create such a game unless
they have a higher education than high school. Some people have been
able to play Microsoft Flight Simulator, which doesn't have any combat
in it, but its not exactly 100% accessible either.

For instance,a lot of the guys like Ron who is in to MS Flight
Simulator uses programs like Its Your Plane to add a copilot to the
game that will take off, land, and do other things for you. You might
instruct the copilot to take the plane up to 20,000 feet and it will
do it for you. While this makes the game somewhat accessible, makes it
playable, it doesn't allow you personally to take manual control of
the plane and fly it yourself. So its not exactly 100% accessible if
you are looking for something you can fly on your own.

There are similar problems with Microsoft Train simulator. Some things
are accessible and some things aren't. Its not a full proof 100%
accessible sim. Sometimes it is the miner things like not being able
to keep an eye on the boiler pressure gauge as you are rrolling down
the track that turn out to be big problems for us since we will likely
blow up the boiler without keeping an eye on it etc.

I guess what might be nice to do some day is if someone would take the
source for the open source sims like Flight Gear and modify them with
accessibility support. I've got them installed on Linux and I know
they have Windows versions too. So I imagine if someone were to add
Sapi support and a few other updates they might be accessible. I'd
have to look and see what needs to be done.

Cheers!