Hi Imbar,

Well, I guess that would all depend on what type of application or
area of accessibility you are asking about. For instance, as far as
games goes there aren't that many accessible games just because nobody
has really developed that many accessible Linux games for us to play.
Although, there are plenty of free text adventures that are accessible
for Linux gamers which does help offset that issue slightly.

However, on the plus side Linux has some huge accessibility advantages
over Windows when it comes to software installation. If you were to
grab a distribution like Vinux you could completely install Linux from
scratch using speech and braille. You can't exactly do that with
Windows.

As far as general accessibility apps like Firefox are more or less the
same as Windows versions. There are a few things that could be
improved such as Orca doesn't have the cool little command to put
links in a list like Jaws and Window-Eyes does, but over all Firefox
is pretty much accessible otherwise.

Same goes for office. Open Office is fairly accessible with Orca for
the most part. At least for what I do. There are things they are
working on improving such as table support etc, but I don't really
notice a huge difference between screen reader accessibility for MS
Office 2007 on Windows and screen reader accessibility with Open
Office 3.3 for Linux.

Cheers!