Hi Lori,

If your weapons are holstered and you are still landing in the fire
the reason you keep getting burned to a crisp is you aren't jumping
far enough. You are letting up too quick on the control or arrow keys.

The way an analog jump system works is if you hold say control+right
arrow down for half a second Angela will jump a short distance.
Perhaps a big hop. If you hold it down for a full second or so she'll
take a much longer jump. So jumps are timed and depend on how long the
keys are held down together. You see how that works?

There is an alternative method for jumping over that fire pit. You can
also do a running jump. If you are say three or four steps away from
the fire you could hold down shift+control+right arrow and Angela will
run up to the fire, and take a giant leap over it. Still you need to
hold down the keys long enough for her to successfully clear the fire.

HTH