Hi Lori,

It sounds to me what is happening is you aren't jumping far enough to
land on the ledge and end up back on the ground floor. Using the r key
will confirm this ifyou get confused. In fact, perhaps I need to add
the visited here feature to the side-scroller version as well as I've
been getting this question a lot after beta 18 came out as I don't
think people are aware they are missing the ledge and run right back
into the rooms they just left.