Hi Michael,

The programming language used by zcode games is called Inform. The
current version of Inform is Inform 7. It is very simple, and
everything you need is on the Inform  website such as: language
guides, tutorials, sample code, and the Inform 7 compiler. You can get
it at
http://www.inform7.com
and have fun.