Hi Dark,

Well, its rather frustrating and a bit annoying to open a message and
there is only one word in the entire message like "Yes" and that's the
end of the message.  Its not even worth opening the message to read it
when it is that short, and it doesn't even express an opinion if the
person has one.

Its one thing if a person  is chatting using an instant messenger
client like MSN where a person can get by with a minimum amount of
typing, but on a forum or a mailing list its generally accepted the
person will write a message expressing themselves, thoughts, opinions,
or give some explanation for this or that. Just sending a message with
"yes" means absolutely nothing in of itself. You end up having to read
the entire thread or the previous messages to get the gist of what
he/she is agreeing to.

Cheers!