Alright, here's what you do.
You need to have a mushclient.exe in the same folder that you run the
updater in. What you can try is reinstall mush-z and then run the
updater. if hal doesnt work, then maybe your version isnt uspported, I
do't know. if none of this works, just go into plugins, remove
mushreader and add tts_sapi.xml maybe this is because it isn't
interrupting because mushReader is taking over?
It may be very possible.
To interrupt sapi you can press the escape key.
let me know if it works