Hi  Mattias,

In terms of games available for linux it really depends on what
exactly you are looking for. While there are certainly games available
for Linux there isn't the wide variety available for Windows at this
time.

First, are the accessible text adventure games. Using Frotz, Scare,
Rogue, and other if interpreters there are probably hundreds of
accessible games in the text adventure variety.

Second, are online muds. As these can use a standard telnet client or
something like gnome-mud you can access just about any mud out there.
However, Windows mud clients like VIP Mud do a better job, but all the
same you can certainly play muds on Linux using an accessible mud or
telnet client.

Third, are browser based games. I've not found too many of these I
like but a game like Sryth found at
www.sryth.com
can be played through Mozilla Firefox with Orca.

Fourth, Ryan Smith, of RS Games, has developed a cross-platform client
which allows you to play various games like Battleship, Monopoly, Uno,
etc online. One of the platforms the RS Games client plays on is
Linux.

Unfortunately, at this time these are the only games for Linux I know
of. I'm in the process of porting my games like Star Trek Final
Conflict and Mysteries of the Ancients to Linux, but that won't be
available for quite a while yet. So if you are looking for games of
the real time action or adventure variety they don't currently exist.

However, Storm Dragon and I have been talking about doing a FAQ/howto
on getting various Windows games to play using wine. Its problematic,
but we have had some success with a few accessible games, but not all.

HTH