Ok, I learned that doctors would fall back to tailoring (which should be
renamed weaver), so presumably they would default to butcher or hunter
before that.  I'm not seeing evidence of that.  I have a butcher shop and
textile mill but my unassigned doctor stands around rather than heading off
to get a dead animal to convert into cloth.

On a related question, there's a winter clothing item, that I haven't yet
figured out how to create or what benefit it has.  What is this and how do
we make it?

                Chris Bartlett