Chris, the people will only revert back a single stage in their chain.  It was
decided that if the people were free to shift about to even more jobs, it
becomes almost a game that plays itself.  Peasants spin the fur into yarn, so
that's why your doctor will not do that task when he's idle.

Winter clothing is something that isn't in the game, yet.  I've gone back and
forth trying to decide when is best to add it, if I will even at it add it at
all for this particular portion of the game.  I've been trying to maintain a
balance so that the game doesn't become too overwhelming.