Hi Jeremy,

I have discovered a problem with 0.8b you might not be aware of. When
your people begin starving, particularly more than one at once, all it
says is person x is near starvation over and over again until you
cancel the game or somehow figure out a way to keep them from starving
to death. Which brings me to my question.

I really appreciate Castaway's and have been playing it daily since
0.1b came out, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to keep
my castaway's from starving to death. I usually assign one or two
hunting, build three/four vegetable farms, add a couple of farmers,
and assign the rest to various tasks. With in an hour or so of playing
my people will begin starving to death even though I might have plenty
of food on hand.

For instance, I had 109 meet, and 241 vegetables. I would think under
any realistic situation this would be enough to sustain 14 people. Yet
almost my entire crew of castaways died one by one all in a row. I
even had a cook and taverin I thought should help, but they still
died. Can you help explain this to me better?

Basically, what I want to know is how much food do I need for each
person, how many farms, how much meet, etc in order to sustain a
population long enough to reproduce and so on. I guess I don't
understand the mechanics here of how much is needed to get things
going before people starve to death or the goblins rampage through
what you have left.

Thanks.