Hi.
I am in the middle of another game of castaways, I am not doing two badly, I have built the ship, but my peasants aren't stocking it, they are still carrying stuff to the tavern, and the baker hasn't done anything though I think it might be because they didn't finish the mill. I can't be bothered to go hunting all over the map to try and find it. Having said that, I am getting warning mesages about people being on the verge of starving, and then they seem to feed themselves up a bit and stagger on.
anyway, this brings me on to my suggestion.
Its great when peasants or builders decide to help out with other jobs, but there are times when I would like to tell say a bunch of builders who are transporting stuff to stop that, just leave the stuff where it is and go and finish the existing building projects off. as there have been a lot of times where building work is half done, and yet the builders have got side tracked on to shifting stuff around. I think it would also be good if you have several building projects on the go if you could say to your builders that you want building x finished before building y etc.