I'm experimenting with some new perk-flaw combinations, and I got to say,
cozy real estate is a major disadvantage, much more so than say dog food.  I
have a suggestion for balancing perks/flaws and co-op play.

Assign each perk and flaw a point value based on the strength of its effect.
Allow the player to choose as many perks/flaws as they like, but the point
balance at the end affects the balance of good events vs bad events.  So, a
player who stocks up on perks has a lot more disasters to account for.
Co-op play could be assigned a positive point value. Like a perk to act as
the balancing step.

Note that you can still have easy, normal and hard levels of play by
tweaking the beginning balance of bad events.

I don't have numbers to suggest for how this might work yet, but if you like
the idea, I will work on that.

                Chris Bartlett