Hi Jim,

While it is true that Donkey Kong started you off at the beginning of
the level after you lose a life you also had at least three lives to
start with. With Homer you litterally have to start from the main
menu, wait for the cut scene to play, etc before getting back into the
game. I personally think it would be nice if you gave us three lives
before going back to the main menu, or a way to skip/disable the cut
scene altogether so we don't have to hear it 25 times in a row. :D

Cheers!