Until I saw your saved game Bill, I hadn't even thought about someone stripping
every last resource from the map!  Hahaha, clearly your game had been going for
a long time and you had a lot of stone masons and miners.  When the next
version releases, you won't be able to actually run completely out of
resources.  If you use up everything on the map, your people will Very! slowly
still gather resources, but they will have to wander off of the map to do it.
It will serve as a punishment, because it will be so much slower, but it will
at least keep people from being essentially defeated when they can never gain
more lumber, bricks, or metal, that they may need to finish the mission.

I'll give some thought to your ideas for grouping the buildings.  I'm actually
in the process of coding hotkeys for assigning jobs.  Enough people have
brought that up lately, that it has moved to the top of my to-do list, lol.
You can destroy buildings by selecting them and pressing Delete.  This will
also work to cancel a new construction that you realize is not what you wanted
to build.

I think having people drop their current task immediately could have negative
effects on how the game is played, but I'll keep it in mind.  The Sapi messages
were originally set up to not interrupt each other, and it was a nightmare
haha, believe me.

Smarter messages is pretty high up on my to-do list, but I just haven't had
time yet, and it is a rather time consuming task to do.

When it comes to online play, I am still working on a competitive mode.  It
will allow players to support their chosen kingdom, working to build it up
toward victory, while attacking other to beat down the competition.

Lol, I guess they were scrounging around for more
stone to work with, so never returned for job reassignment.  Not sure how I
managed to use up all my stone, but my settlement is fairly large, and is
surrounded by goblins. The thought of running out of resources had crossed my
mind, but I didn't realize there were hard limits coded in.

I can see how limiting resources could come in
useful in future missions, or maybe in the higher difficulty settings.  If
limited resources are factored in, messages warning that the resources are
 becoming harder to find, or the resources are gone, would be extremely
helpful.

Here are a few more suggestions for future
improvements.  Feel free to take them or leave them:

* While the current free-style missions are
extremely fun, I really enjoyed the story-style
missions of Lunamals.  These also could help to ease new players
into learning the game mechanics.

* Finding a particular building in a large
settlement is a bit cludgy with the current interface.  One way to speed
this up a bit would be to announce the coordinates after the building type
instead of before it.  You could also provide an alternate control for
grouping all your buildings by type, maybe in an expandable
tree-view.

* Job assignments can also take a bit of time when
many different types of jobs are available.  Another possible way
for quickly assigning jobs would be to allow the player to type in the
first letter or letters of the job name.

* Way to destroy accidentally constructed
buildings

* Way to cause a person to drop what they are doing
and start on a new task immediately.

* Way to prevent SAPI messages from interrupting
each other.

* Smarter message delivery algorithms.  Not
really sure how this could be improved, but it would be helpful to keep from
hearing about each individual goblin movement, for example, but to
hear about further encroachment onto a player's land.

* online cooperative and/or competitive
play

Keep up the good work; your games are
awesome!