Hi Darren,

Well, it wouldn't be that hard to add something like that. In fact,
many mainstream games such as Tomb Raider, which Mysteries of the
Ancients is loosely based on, has an automatic checkpoint saving
feature that updates every so often per level. You might pick up a gem
or crystal and the game saves automatically at that point, or you open
a door and the game saves the game in the background. I like the idea.
I'll look into that for you.

Cheers!