Hi Mike,

Yes. If you want your people to eat you have to have at least one cook
in your party. As your food supplies get low you will need probably at
least one hunter to hunt for wild game, one or two fisherman to bring
in fish, and you'll want to build a vegetable farm and farmer to get
started with the basics. As your community grows you will need a wheat
farm, baker, mill, and all the jobs associated with making and baking
bread. Plus making wine will become helpful as well. Castaways is a
strategy game, and you are going to have to plan and build your
community in such a way that everything gets done without your people
starving to death, getting sick from illness, or being rampaged by
goblin hords.

Cheers!